Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm trying!

I know, I said I was going to try and post more often. I just keep finding something else that needs to be done. If only I had a nanny... :) I'm trying I promise!!
Well I am getting really excited about the March of Dimes walk, I just hope no one brings the swine flu with them! Ok, nothing to joke about, but really, it's getting more press than it needs. I am watching a "swine flu survivor" story about a man who had it over 30 years ago. AND, Mr. Obama wants to budget over a million dollars to help "fight the flu." COME ON! Wash your hands, use sanitizer and don't go to Mexico, you'll be fine! I'll take a million dollars to spread that piece of advice.

Back to business, I updated the Team Website... check it out to find out some exciting news about the t-shirt sales!

Max is totally on the move, he is all over the place in the living room. I no longer have to get out toys for him, he knows where they are and he gets them all out on his own! He had toys all over the living room today, my little boy is so big :( And, breaking news, I went in his room today after one of his naps and... are you ready for this?... he was STANDING. Yeah, pulled all the way up onto his feet and was holding on the side of the bed. He continues to be a puff monster. Clark was feeding him puffs tonight and gave him a handful on his tray. About 2 minutes later Max started fussing, I mean asking, for more. Clark was looking everywhere around him for the puffs, just assuming they had fallen. I had to convince him that he truly had eaten them all in that short amount of time! He loves to eat!

Cute pic from aunt Becki's :)



Dinner tonight: (yay me I finally cooked!)
Oven fried chicken (portions for 2)
2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (we love the thighs, but you could use breasts)
1 pint buttermilk
Place chicken and buttermilk in a bag for at least 1 hour

1 cup bread crumbs
1 T seasoned salt, I love "cookies" from HyVee
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt

Mix together. Take chicken from buttermilk into bread crumb mixture and dredge completely. Place onto cookie sheet sprayed with pam, then spray the chicken with pam. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time.

I made buttermilk mashed potatoes (I just got a big thing... it's really affordable!) and corn. Very tasty, and of course Clark liked it!

Tomorrow night... homemade ravioli! Stay tuned!

No comments: