Friday, February 27, 2009

Sick baby :(

Yesterday the cough that Max had for over a week turned into a full fledged cold. In fact in the morning he was coughing so much he started to wheeze again, I called the pediatrician and they couldn't get him in until 2:30 (it was 11:00). We decided to not take any chances and have him seen sooner. We went to the ER at Children's Mercy, yes my new place of employment as well. I have only done one shift but I was supposed to work yesterday. Let's just say that the call I made to let them know my baby was sick and I may not be in got us VIP treatment. Now, I believe that even without my VIP status we should have been seen soon, but hey... it didn't hurt! We got right back, avoiding the urine smell in the waiting room. The doctor checked him out and basically said that we did the right thing, but, he wasn't currently wheezing and his oxygen level was perfect. He said to keep an eye on his breathing and that the cough was what he needed to do. Poor little man is miserable, or is he? I mean, he sounds like CRAP, but he is laughing and playful. Kids are awesome like that! We have the vaporizer going full blast all night, he is covered in baby vicks and he is dosed with motrin at bedtime. Last night he did pretty well, he woke up a couple times, but 4:45 he woke up with snot bubbles. After we sucked out his nose, changed his diaper and mommy rocked him, he slept until 7ish. Clark put his binky in his mouth then and he didn't wake up for good until 7:45. Can't complain, really. Today he is doing a little better, he is really fighting his naps because his cough wakes him up so much. He has been asleep since 7 and right now is making NO noises! Shoot, I hope I didn't just jinx myself! Here is the "sick" little boy playing in his jumpy seat today...



Ok, ok, for the exciting news of the day. We have been saying for a while that we needed, wanted, a new kitchen sink. When we built our house we had to be really careful spending money on upgrades since we were living on one income. Well, our sink served it's purpose but the faucet was awful. The sprayer hasn't worked for over a year, the water comes on when it feels like it, and, ok that's it, we just hate it!!! Today we decided, after Clark tried to get the water on for 3 minutes, to use some of our tax return on a new sink (yeah us, we haven't spent any of it so far!!). Guess we should thank Max for the sink then huh? ha! Our precious little tax return!!! So, here are a few pics before, during and after.

The old one...



Big hole + Clark, my super handy husband...



Looking good!!




WOW!!! I love it!!!!



Well, who knows how the night will go, better get some sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new sink! Very stylish!!