Thursday, May 7, 2009

storms...

Well, I have had a long and boring day sitting in a trauma conference and I really had no intention of staring at the computer screen. But, I am unable to watch all of my favorite thursday night shows due to the annoying very important storm coverage. So... here I am.

Last week on Friday morning GG passed away. She peacefully rested in her hospital bed and took her last breath with no more pain. Her family is of course sad and will miss her, but the memorial service was very nice and we all know she was ready to go and be done with her struggling.

Max's last visit with GG:



This picture is of Max on his way to Taco Tuesday on Cinco de Mayo. He passed out on the way, then stayed up the whole way home! I wish I could put pics from my phone on here (well, guess I should say I wish I knew how!) because I have a very funny picture of Max livin it up. He got an array of party favors, a corona hat, a corona light-up necklace and a tecate tequila maraca. Yeah, we think we are teaching him some very good lessons early on... And in the picture he has the hat on backwards and the maraca in his hand. He was so entertained by the toys we might have definitely stole them for future playing!

I love how he has is hand on the monkey so gently... if he were awake that monkey would not be handled gently at all.



Yesterday Clark and I decided to take Max to a park and see if he liked swinging. He asked Grandma Dee for a playground for his back yard and we wanted to make sure he would have fun.

What do you think?




I say go for it!!!

This makes me sooo excited for summer: playing outside and swimming. We have a lot of making up to do in the fun department after last summer!

So, I know you all are wondering how the March of dimes walk went? AMAZING!!! We had over 50 people turn up to walk and we raised at least $700. (I don't know the exact total, but hopefully they will let me know.) The bbq was a lot of fun as well. We went through 50 hamburger patties, at least 50 hot dogs and I won't even tell you how much beer. (those of you who were here know...) BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE!!! We are very blessed to have such great friends and family to come out and show their support. And Grandma Dee had a birthday mixed in with the day so we all enjoyed some birthday cake as well! Again, we cannot thank you all enough!

Today Max spent the day with Miss Paige and her boys Cooper and Carter. She agreed to babysit last minute so Clark would be able to sleep (remember, I had a class ALL day!). Thanks Paige, you are a lifesaver!!! I have to tell you, too, Max came home looking like a true boy, dirty needing a bath! It was adorable, he is really tough and rugged now!

1 comment:

Grandma Dee said...

Okay, Grandma Dee will have to come thru on the playground for the back yard. . . Grandad & I will have to go shopping. . . maybe Max better give us a picture of what he wants!